The Imenco Guidepost Extension – GPE Model GL-4 can be installed on the top of existing guideposts that have GL-4 post top profile. The Imenco Guidepost Extension – GPE Model GL-4 extension is easily installed and retrieved using the guideline with standard Guidewire Anchor or Lifting Anchor. A release ring, which is located just below the top of the post, is easily operated by ROV (or diver) for lock down (L) and release/ unlock (U) of the extension.
The lower part of the Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE has a locking mechanism and a lead-in skirt section that mates the GL-4 post top profile thus providing a strong connection. The locking mechanism will automatically engage the GL-4 post top profile when fully landed and the guideline is slackened. The body is made from carbon steel, sandblasted and painted to meet offshore standards. The locking mechanism is made from high strength stainless steel.
The Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE delivery includes full documentation package with CoC, manufacturing record book, test reports, user manual and maintenance instructions. The Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE GL-4 has an outer diameter of 219,1mm (8” nom pipe) and can be delivered with different lengths according to client requirements.
For more details see GPE GL-4 product sheet.
- Easy installation on existing GL4 profile
- Can be installed Subsea on existing Guideposts
- Locking of the extension by operating the lock mechanism at top of the Extension
- Must be installed with the aid of a Work class ROV
- Allows for use of Imenco’s proven line of Guidewire anchors
- No need for special tooling for mounting or dismantling