The Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE 8 M4 L FMC 242 is used for installation on top of a guidepost for temporary increase of the guiding length. The Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE has a receptacle on top for mounting of Guidewire Anchor or Lifting Anchor and will normally be deployed, installed and retrieved using the guideline. The lower end of the GPE has a lock down anchor and an internally profiled skirt section that mates the corresponding post top, thus providing a strong connection that can take tension and side loads. The Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE has a ROV operated release collar located just below the top of the GPE for lock down (L) and release/ unlock (U). The GPE model M4 has the same locking mechanism with shear pin function as used in the Imenco Guidewire Anchor and will automatically engage the guidepost top when the GPE is fully landed and the guideline is slackened. The shear pin will have a higher capacity before break than the corresponding shear pin used in the Guidewire Anchor.
The Imenco guidepost extensions have been extensively in use in the North Sea and other areas during the last 20 years and have proven to be very efficient and reliable.
The body of the standard Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE Model M4 is made from carbon steel, sandblasted and painted to meet offshore standards. The anchor parts, with locking and release mechanism, are made from high strength stainless steel.
The Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE delivery includes full documentation package with CoC, manufacturing record book, test reports, user manual and maintenance instructions.
The Imenco Guide Post Extensions have an outer diameter of 219,1 / 242 (8” nom pipe) and can be delivered with different lengths and strengths. For more details contact us for datasheet and special customized designs.
- Simple and reliable design based on the proven Imenco M4L GPE proven design
- Mates/ enters the outside diameter of standard 8” guidepost
- The integral anchor interfaces guideposts with Fmc design “shallow depth” anchor receptacle
- Double self-locking dogs – designed for equal load distribution – keep the anchor latched in the receptacle inside the top of the guidepost
- Upper receptacle compatible with Imenco standard anchor (GWA-22’) and Lifting anchor (LA-13).
- The GPE can be stabbed by its own weight
- A central release rod connected to a recessed sleeve on the upper part of the anchor deactivates and releases the locking dogs
- The design facilitates release possibilities by both ROV and Shear pin
- Moderate release force – can be released by diver or ROV
- The GPE can be released and subsequently re-stabbed without any manual resetting at surface.
- The Shear pin activates the normal release mechanism when fractured. No fragments of pin or anchor parts are left subsea
- The Shear pin can be calibrated to a predetermined breaking load up to
the anchor rated capacity. Refer to specified model datasheet values
- Supplied with full documentation & instructions
Datasheet GPE M4 L 1717