The Imenco group has been a “Smart Solutions” supplier to Ocean Industries for more than 40 years. The company is organized into 4 business areas: Marine & Naval, Offshore Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, and Aquaculture.
The head office is located in Aksdal near Haugesund, Norway, with engineering locations in Aksdal, Voll, and Aberdeen, manufacturing facilities in Aksdal, Voll, and Wick (Scotland), and Ningbo (China). Our sales team works out from Aksdal, Stavanger, Voll, Bergen, Aberdeen, and Lafayette with agents in many other areas. Imenco employs a well-qualified staff of more than 300 employees.
Do you approach commercial bid tasks strategically by forward-thinking, thinking for yourself, desire for quality, and comfortable presenting technical solutions to customers and our sales team? Then you might be the Sales Support Engineer we are looking for.
In Imenco, you will find a company that challenges and excites you to new extremes.
With activities within Marine & Naval, Oil & Gas, Renewables and Aquaculture, and constantly seeking new solutions, it is clear to see that we have a wide range of solutions, systems, products & services that need to be managed. Join our group of specialists and make your own future!
The main focus is for a tech-savvy sales engineer to assist with the selling of complex technological products and systems, as a key team member of our CCTV Marine & Naval Projects group. Interfacing with the sales team, project engineering team, and suppliers you will be assisting to close sales where technical expertise is required to fit the clients’ needs.
- Collaborating with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Preparing and developing technical presentations to explain our products and systems to customers
- Discussing equipment needs and system requirements with customers, sales managers, and project engineers
- Manage and deliver engineering activities and studies required during the challenging, dynamic pre-contract phase of the bid. Moreover, providing clear guidance, and support, to sales and engineering teams
- Leading engineering teams to generate rationalized, competitive, and accurate costed bids and supporting documentation
- Maintenance of engineering aspects of new business & bid documentation
- Identify future technology opportunities together with the sales team
- Engineering bachelor degree or equivalent technical experience
- Passionate about camera technology and winning new business
- Strong people skills, with a positive, constructive, and cooperative personality
- Sound experience within engineering technology and sales desirable
- Ability to understand marine CCTV scope, and explain challenges and impacts derived from Customer needs, to ensure timely delivery of technical solutions, cost bids, and supporting engineering activities
- Strong interpersonal and well-developed communication skills, both internally and working with the customer, with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the business
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas desirable: electronic design, CCTV/optical system design, defence/naval industry, commercial maritime industry, systems integration
- Competent in the use of MS Office
- Commercial skills to manage, prioritise and handle multiple client activities simultaneously
- Valid UK driving licence desirable
Reports to: Sales Manager – Marine & Naval Projects Group
- Competitive salary and benefits, with the opportunity to build your career through working in projects
- Innovative working environment with experienced co-workers
- Dynamic department attitude where sales and customers are focused on
For more information contact Melissa McQueen, HR Assistant.
Closing date: 30th September. 2022