Slimline Guidewire Anchors
The Imenco Guidewire Anchors (or Latches) have been manufactured and used since the mid 1980s and are known in the subsea market for their ease of use and dependability. The Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchors are easily installed and released by ROV or diver. The Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchors are built from high strength stainless steel and is hence very durable and dependable.
Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchor – Main Features:
- Slim anchor body based on patented Imenco anchor design proven world-wide since 1988
- Simple installation and release by ROV or diver
- The anchor can be stabbed by its own weight
- Slim anchor body allows for full entering
- The anchor can be released and subsequently restabbed without any manual resetting at surface
- Double self-locking dogs – designed for equal load distribution – keeps the anchor latched in the top of the guide post or receptacle
- A central release rod connected to a recessed sleeve on the upper part of the anchor deactivates and releases the locking dogs
- The Shearpin activates the normal release mechanism when fractured. No fragments of pin or anchor parts are left subsea
- The Shearpin can be calibrated to a predetermined breaking load up to the anchor rated capacity
- All shear-pin parts are automatically retrieved after operation
- Special designs available on request
|A||491 mm||781 mm||539 mm|
|B||350 mm||640 mm||380 mm|
|C||336 mm||626 mm||370 mm|
|D||110 mm||110 mm||133 mm|
|E||74 mm||74 mm||96 mm|
|Max shear pin capacity||22’ lbs||22’ lbs||36’ lbs|
|10 Te||10 Te||16.3 Te|
|Dry weight||18 kg||27 kg||34 kg|
The main difference between the Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchors and the Imenco Standard Guidewire Anchors is the design of the termination head. The design of the Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchors makes it possible for the head to have the same dimensions as the anchor body. By applying a push load, a diver or ROV can force the shoulder of the anchor to retract, allowing en entire Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchor to enter and exit the Guidepost or Receptacle where operational circumstances demand it.
An easily accessible Safety Sleeve is utilized for releasing an Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchor. The Safety Sleeve is painted orange for easy recognition and can be locked in position to avoid accidental release of the Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchor. All Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchors can be delivered with either Wire Socket or Pad-Eye for connecting to the guidewire.
All Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchors are delivered with a shear pin. This allows the Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchors to be released from the guiding system in the event of unexpected loads occurring in the system. The shear pin breaking load can be made to comply with client specifications up to the specified max shear pin capacity of each model.
The Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchors are equipped with two locking dogs which transfer the load onto the retaining shoulder of the guidepost. The Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchors are designed according to DNV Standard for Certification No. 2.22 Lifting Appliances. The Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchors are designed with a safety factor of 1.5 against yield. All Imenco Slimline Guidewire Anchors can be modified upon request to suit individual needs.