Guidepost Extension – GPE Model GL-4
The Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE GL-4 can be installed on the top of existing guideposts that have GL-4 post top profile. The Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE GL-4 extension is easily installed and retrieved using the guideline with standard Guidewire Anchor or Lifting Anchor. A release ring, which is located just below the top of the post, is easily operated by ROV (or diver) for lock down (L) and release/ unlock (U) of the extension. The lower part of the Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE has a locking mechanism and a lead-in skirt section that mates the GL-4 post top profile thus providing a strong connection. The locking mechanism will automatically engage the GL-4 post top profile when fully landed and the guideline is slackened.
The body is made from carbon steel, sandblasted and painted to meet offshore standards. The locking mechanism is made from high strength stainless steel.
The Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE delivery includes full documentation package with CoC, manufacturing record book, test reports, user manual and maintenance instructions.
The Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE GL-4 has an outer diameter of 219,1mm (8” nom pipe) and can be delivered with different lengths according to client requirements. For more details see GPE GL-4 Datasheet.
Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE GL-4 Main Features:
• Field proven design
• Release Ring at top for easy ROV access
• Quick to install and release, no special tools required
• Simple and reliable self-locking mechanism
• Locked/unlocked status is verified by the release ring
• Can be released and reinstalled without any intermediate resetting at surface
• Optional Shear pin can be incorporated for secondary release
• Available in different lengths acc. to clients’ requirements
Guide Post Extension Model GPE GL-4:
|Model||Post OD||Lengths*||Versions||Compatible Anchors|
|GPE GL-4||219,1 mm||1,5 – 3,5 m||Fits 8in Regan GL-4
Post Top profile
|GWA-22’ / GWA-22’S
6Te Lifting Anchor