NEW- Imenco Guidepost Extension to fit guide posts with Regan GL-4 top Profile
5th February 2016
Imenco has developed a new series of their Guide Post Extensions that can be installed subsea on top of guideposts with Regan GL-4 post top profile. This will provide extension of the guidepost and also allow the use of Imenco Guidewire Anchors.
The GPE GL-4 can be handled by the guideline and easily be installed and released by work class ROV.
The new Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE GL-4 has recently passed successful function and load tests.
The Extension has an easily accessible Release Ring, located near the top of the extension operated by ROV (or diver) for lock down (L) and release/ unlock (U) of the extension. The lower part of the GPE has a locking mechanism and a lead-in skirt section that mates the GL-4 post top profile thus providing a strong connection. The locking mechanism will automatically engage the GL-4 post top profile when fully landed and the guideline is slackened.
The Imenco GPE GL-4 Extension has an outer diameter of 219,1mm (8” nom pipe) and can be delivered with different lengths according to client requirements. For more details contact Imenco..
Imenco Guidepost Extension GPE GL-4 Main Features:
• Based on field proven design
• Release Ring at top for easy ROV access
• Quick to install and release, no special tools required
• Simple and reliable self-locking mechanism
• Locked/unlocked status is verified by the release ring
• Can be released and reinstalled without any intermediate resetting at surface
• Optional Shear pin can be incorporated for secondary release
• Available in different lengths acc. to clients’ requirements